A free, confidential clinic supporting at-risk or vulnerable young people (and their children) to access medical services. Our experienced doctors and nurse provide a wide range of services, including:
- General Health Checks
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health including contraception
- Antenatal Care
- Referrals to in-house psychologists or other health providers
- Preventative health including health assessments, immunisations, health education and promotion
As BYS GPs are available only for certain sessions during the week, our Registered Nurse has an extended role within our Medical Clinic and is available for consultations with young people.
Monday: 9:00am – 4:00pm Registered Nurse, 11:00am – 4:00pm GP on site
Tuesday: 9:00am – 4:00pm Registered Nurse, 11:00am – 2:00pm GP on site
Wednesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm Registered Nurse
Thursday: 9:00am – 4:00pm Registered Nurse, 1:00pm – 4:00pm GP on site
Friday: CLINIC CLOSED
We can help you obtain Medicare and Health Care Concession details where cards have been lost or are not available. We can also assist you to obtain your medical records.
Please phone ahead to make an appointment on 3620 2400.
The on-site counselling program is a free and confidential counselling service for young people who are diagnosed with mental health and substance misuse, and are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
What kind of support is available through the counselling program?
- One to one Counselling appointments provided face to face, or via phone / video call
- Referrals to other mental health services
- Diagnostic and/or psychological testing
The Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) team offer case management for young people and focus on what is important to them. They can meet young people at a location that is suitable for them, at the BYS HUB or at another place that is safe.
The AOD team can support in a number of ways:
- One-on-one direct support
- Support with harm minimisation strategies
- AOD Group Work
- Free NSP (Needle and Syringe Program)
- Relapse Prevention
- Psychoeducation, information and resources
- Referral to other AOD services like detox and rehabilitation
- Support with legal matters
Recovery & Discovery
(RAD) Mental Health HUB
The RAD Hub provides group and individual support for young people in the Brisbane Inner North catchment area who experiencing mental health issues and social isolation.
The RAD Hub delivers:
- Group activities at the Valley Hub and in the community
- Case management for up to 12 months
- Clinical care coordination in collaboration with Toowong Private Hospital
This hands-on program provides an opportunity to engage in exciting and healthy risk taking behaviour, in a safe and supported environment.
The program seeks to support young people by:
- Improving their mental and physical health
- Helping them to build self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Supporting them to improve communication and team work skills
- Assisting to overcome challenges and barriers in a safe environment
- Reducing levels of isolation by getting together in a pro-social group