A free, confidential clinic supporting at-risk or vulnerable young people (and their children) to access medical services. Our experienced doctors and nurse provide a wide range of services, including:
- General Health Checks
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health including contraception
- Antenatal Care
- Referrals to psychologists or other health providers
- Preventative health including health assessments, immunisations, health education and promotion
As BYS GPs are available only for certain sessions during the week, our Registered Nurse has an extended role within our Medical Clinic and is available for consultations with young people.
Monday: Registered Nurse 9am – 4pm
Tuesday: Registered Nurse 9am – 4pm, GP 10:30am – 3:30pm
Wednesday: Registered Nurse 9am – 4pm, GP 10:30am – 3:30pm
Thursday: Registered Nurse 9am – 4pm, GP 10am – 4pm
Friday: Clinic Closed
We can help you obtain Medicare and Health Care Concession details where cards have been lost or are not available. We can also assist you to obtain your medical records.
Please phone ahead to make an appointment on 3620 2400.
The on-site counselling program is a free and confidential counselling service that young people can access without a formal diagnosis. The program supports young people who identify that they have moderate-severe problematic substance use and may have associated mental health concerns.
What kind of support is available through the counselling program?
- A range of evidence-based dual diagnosis interventions, with a strong focus on building safe therapeutic relationship.
- Individual counselling appointments can be provided face to face at the BYS Hub, or at any safe location where you would feel more comfortable.
- Facilitated referral to other supports you may require.
The Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) team offer case management for young people and focus on what is important to them. They can meet young people at a location that is suitable for them, at the BYS HUB or at another place that is safe.
The AOD team can support in a number of ways:
- One-on-one direct support
- Support with harm minimisation strategies
- AOD Group Work
- Free NSP (Needle and Syringe Program)
- Relapse Prevention
- Psychoeducation, information and resources
- Referral to other AOD services like detox and rehabilitation
- Support with legal matters
Recovery & Discovery
(RAD) Mental Health HUB
The RAD Hub provides group and individual support for young people in the Brisbane Inner North catchment area who experiencing mental health issues and social isolation.
The RAD Hub delivers:
- Group activities at the Valley Hub and in the community
- Case management for up to 12 months
- Clinical care coordination in collaboration with Toowong Private Hospital