We value our people
We value our people and the contribution they make to the community and the lives of the young people we support. That’s why we have invested in our Employee Value Proposition, to make our employees’ experience a memorable and rewarding one.
By joining us at BYS, you will benefit from the following
- Warm, friendly culture
- Additional annual leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Long service leave entitlement after five years’ continuous service
- Annual professional development budget
- Career development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid maternity leave to eligible employees
- Rewards and recognition program – Values in Action
Why our employees stay with BYS:
- Meaning: Our work positively supports and changes young people’s lives and that gives me a sense of purpose.
- Team: I work with a great team who treat me with respect and genuinely care about me. We share the same goals and provide each other with feedback and support to achieve them.
- Flexibility: I have the flexibility to work the hours that meet my personal and family needs.
- Role: I have the autonomy to complete interesting and challenging work tasks.
- BYS mission, vision and values: We live and breathe BYS’s purpose, vision and values by putting young people at the centre of our decisions and how we work.
- Development: My manager is supportive of my professional development.
BYS was awarded the Voice Project’s ‘Best Workplace Award 2022’ for outstanding performance in employee engagement, work practices and culture. The results found that BYS employees not only love the work they do, they feel supported and empowered to do it well.