Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
We value our people and the contribution they make to the community and the lives of the young people we support. That’s why we have invested in our Employee Value Proposition, to make our employees’ experience a memorable one.
- Housing Support Worker
- Temporary Full-time position until 30 June 2020
- 76 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with a commitment to provide housing support to young people including BYS tenants.
The Housing Support Worker provides planned support to young people including BYS tenants. Young people are assisted to successfully sustain their tenancy or transition to more appropriate accommodation. This position works collaboratively with other teams within BYS and the broader community to effectively respond to issues associated with homelessness.
To undertake the Youth Support Worker role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Work or similar. You will have a Working with Children Suitability Card (Blue Card) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card and hold a current Queensland driver’s license.
- To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision and objectives and demonstrated experience working within a strengths-based and trauma informed practice framework.
- Demonstrated experience working holistically with vulnerable young people, using brief solution focussed crisis interventions and ongoing case managed support, and experience supporting young people to transition to independence.
- Demonstrated understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a community housing provider in accordance with the National Regulatory System of Community Housing (NRSCH).
- Strong organisational and planning skills and the ability to work independently and contribute positively within a team.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills and writing skills and the ability to advocate on behalf of others.
- Demonstrated experience developing networks and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including government and community service providers.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded here: BYS Employment Package_Housing Support Worker 2019
Email complete applications to email@example.com
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 5 August 2019