Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families. BYS is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless. We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply. BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year. Please see below for current employment opportunities.
- Corporate Services Director
- Full time position
- 76 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with a commitment to lead and manage our corporate team?
The Corporate Services Director leads, directs and manages all aspects of the Finance, Strategic Partnerships, Fundraising, Communications, HR and IT functions and strategies within the organisation.
To undertake the Corporate Services Director role, you will require Graduate/post graduate qualifications in Accountancy, Finance, Business Management / Administration or Human Resource Management or similar and a minimum of five years corporate and financial management experience. You will have a Working with Children Suitability Card (Blue Card) or willingness to apply for a Blue Card and hold a current Queensland driver’s license.
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives and values.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to formulate and implement proactive initiatives and systems to ensure achievement of organisational goals.
- Knowledge of contemporary financial management practices and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge to develop and manage budgets and interpret and present financial reports to the CEO and Board.
- Understanding of contemporary HR practices and the application of HR processes within the employment cycle from recruitment and selection, on-boarding, induction, training and support, performance management and exiting employees.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with strong decision making and strategic thinking skills demonstrated through an ability to resolve critical and complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated capacity to build effective partnerships and negotiate matters of strategic importance to the organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community based social services sector.
- Demonstrated success in project management and change management.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded here: Application Package – Corporate Services Director 23.12.2019
Email complete applications to Annemaree Callendar – email@example.com
Please include copies of all relevant qualifications with your application.
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 20 January 2020.
- Youth Worker
- Casual position working at Sandgate House, Windsor House and Phoenix House
- Shift work
Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to support young people with complex needs in a residential service model.
Casual Youth Workers are required to backfill positions that provide young people with safe and appropriate accommodation, case management, support, advocacy, and information to assist young people to make informed choices about their lives.
To undertake the Youth Worker’s role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Work or similar, or experience in a similar role. Have a current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- An understanding of and commitment to BYS’s vision and objectives and the demonstrated experience working within a strengths-based and trauma informed practice framework.
- Demonstrated experience working holistically with vulnerable young people, using brief solution focussed crisis interventions and ongoing case managed support, and experience building trusting relationships with marginalised young people.
- Strong communication skills, including oral and written skills, writing report and case files, collaborating with community services, and the ability to liaise effectively with young people and advocate on their behalf.
- Strong planning, task management and organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a supported accommodation setting.
- The ability to contribute positively within a team to deliver a high-quality service and outcomes for young people.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded here: BYS Casual Youth Worker_Application Package_Jan 2020
Email complete applications to Cheryl Nathanson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 31 January 2020