Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families. BYS is a medium-sized incorporated association providing holistic responses to vulnerable young people (aged 12 – 25 years) and young families who are experiencing homelessness or are at-risk of becoming homeless. We know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds with relevant experience to apply. BYS promotes work-life balance and provides a supportive team environment and additional benefits such as salary packaging arrangements and a generous five weeks annual leave per year. Please see below for current employment opportunities.
- Hub Intake & Intervention Manager
- Full time position until 20 August 2021
- Maternity Leave Contract
- 76 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with a high attention to detail and commitment to supporting homeless and at-risk youth?
The Intake & Intervention Manager leads a team of youth workers responsible for intake, assessment, crisis/ brief intervention and case management support for young people presenting for assistance at BYS’ Fortitude Valley Hub. The role includes management of centre based and mobile support services, and collaborative assertive outreach.
To undertake this role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services, Social Science, Psychology or similar. Have A current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives, and practice framework.
- Demonstrated high level skills in assessment, crisis and brief intervention, and case management support with vulnerable young people.
- Highly developed critical thinking, problem solving and risk management skills and the demonstrated application of these in a busy frontline service.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and effectively manage a team of professional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate programs and service responses with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships and networks and negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines and effectively manage contracts, reporting, and budgets.
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded here: BYS Application Package_Hub Intake & Intervention Mgr_June 2020
Email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position close 6pm Monday 13 July 2020