Brisbane Youth Service is a well-respected not-for-profit supporting vulnerable young people and young families who are at risk or experiencing homelessness. Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people in our community.
At Brisbane Youth Service, we actively promote work-life balance and provide a supportive team environment. We also know diversity makes a positive difference, and we encourage people from all cultures, religions, ages, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds, with relevant experience, to apply.
Health Services Senior Manager
- Full time position, 76hrs per fortnight
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Excellent salary packaging benefits
The primary purpose of this position is to lead the delivery of BYS health and early intervention services and build partnerships to expand services to meet the needs of vulnerable young people in Brisbane.
You will hold a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences or comparable qualification or substantial demonstrated experience in a related field; have a current Queensland driver’s license and you must hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (blue card) prior to commencing.
In accordance with the Queensland Government Workers in a healthcare setting (COVID-19 Vaccination requirements) Direction, applicants attending interview and successful candidates will need to produce double vaccination evidence with their MyGov digital Covid certificate prior to entry to a BYS premises.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- Understanding of and commitment to BYS vision, objectives and practice framework.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical and therapeutic programs with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to negotiate with and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to build effective professional networks and service delivery partnerships to improve service responses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and effectively manage a team of professional staff including quality practice, monitoring performance, contracts, reporting and budgets.
- Highly developed critical thinking, problem solving and risk management skills and demonstrated application of these in a frontline service delivery setting.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate programs and service responses with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in assessment, crisis and brief intervention, and planned support with vulnerable young people.
We know diversity makes a positive difference and encourage people from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
Thank you for taking the time to review this position and for considering working with Brisbane Youth Service.
To apply, please email your (1) Cover letter addressing the selection criteria along with your (2) CV to Mel Bradford, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this position close 11:59pm Monday 14 November 2022.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted as they are submitted.
Interviews will take place progressively for successfully shortlisted applicants on or before Friday 18 November 2022.
We look forward to hearing from you!