Would you like to help create new futures for young people?
Join Brisbane Youth Service today to make a difference in the lives of Brisbane’s vulnerable young people and their families.
We value our people and the contribution they make to the community and the lives of the young people we support. That’s why we have invested in our Employee Value Proposition, to make our employees’ experience a memorable
- Youth Worker – Phoenix House
- Part time position
- 54.67 hours per fortnight
Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to support young people with complex needs in a residential service model.
Youth Workers are required to provide young people with safe and appropriate accommodation, case management, support, advocacy, and information to assist young people to make informed choices about their lives.
To undertake the Youth Worker’s role, you will require a tertiary qualification in Human Services, Social Work or similar, or experience in a similar role. Have a current Queensland driver’s license and hold a current Working with Children Positive Notice (Blue Card) or a willingness to obtain one.
To be successful in your application you will need to provide written responses to the following selection criteria:
- An understanding of and commitment to BYS’s vision and objectives and the demonstrated experience working within a strengths-based and trauma informed practice framework.
- Demonstrated experience working holistically with vulnerable young people, using brief solution focussed crisis interventions and ongoing case managed support, and experience building trusting relationships with marginalised young people.
- Strong communication skills, including oral and written skills, writing report and case files, collaborating with community services, and the ability to liaise effectively with young people and advocate on their behalf.
- Strong planning, task management and organisational skills and the ability to work independently in a supported accommodation setting.
- The ability to contribute positively within a team to deliver a high-quality service and outcomes for young people.
How to Apply
Applicants must use the BYS Employment package that can be viewed and downloaded here:BYS Youth Worker_Application Package_Phoenix House
Email complete applications to Kristin Penhaligon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this position close 5:00pm 25 March 2019