With a vision to provide ‘New Futures for Young People’, BYS has been operating in Fortitude Valley since 1977. In that time we have helped tens of thousands of young people (aged 12-25) experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless, and their accompanying children.
We assist vulnerable young people to find and maintain appropriate housing, address physical & mental health issues and establish successful relationships and support networks.
Housing support services include:
- Assistance for young people and young families with finding housing
- Assistance with establishing a new home (help with furniture and general household items)
- Teaching young people independent living skills, how to budget and how to maintain their tenancy in order to help them move on to long term housing
- Crisis, brief and long term individual support
Accommodation options may include:
- Crisis accommodation with 24/7 support
- Externally supported accommodation with Brisbane Youth Service
- Social housing
- Private rentals
- Share houses
- Reconnecting with family