A huge THANK YOU to all of our amazing supporters who donated to our EOFY Tax Appeal recently. You smashed our $12,000 target, raising $18,158 in life-changing funds to support young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Each year we see more young people caught in crisis, reaching out for support and in need of urgent assistance. Your generous contributions will help us to meet the growing demand for our services, touching the lives of many vulnerable and homeless young people in our community.
Almost half of the young people we meet are sleeping rough on the streets, couch surfing or moving from place to place. This reduces to less than 10% once they are able to access basic support.
These funds will be used to provide such support in the form of:
- medicines to alleviate chronic and acute conditions
- physical and peer social activities to reduce isolation
- essential household items (such as bedding, furnishings, and basic appliances) for those transitioning from homelessness into their own home
- assistance to gain employment e.g. transport fares, clothing etc.
- basic resources to help overcome barriers to entering or re-engaging in education or training
On behalf of the young people and young families we support, thank you for giving them the chance to create a new future for themselves – a positive future they deserve.