BYS is taking COVID-19 very seriously. We are continuing to put in place a range of changes to how we support young people and will resume normal services as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, we are focused on the health, safety and wellbeing of young people, staff and the community.
BYS regularly monitors the advice and guidance of the federal and state health authorities regarding COVID-19, and our current and future responses will be shaped by this advice.
Below is important information about how our services are currently operating:
- BYS is using the COVID-19 screening survey with all young people and visitors to BYS service sites
- If possible, please call BYS on 3620 2400 before presenting to any BYS service site in person
- Youth work support is available from the BYS Hub, Monday to Friday, 9-4pm by calling 3620 2400
- Face-to-face support is available from the BYS Hub Monday to Friday, 1-4pm for appointments or walk-ins
- The Medical Clinical remains open. The BYS Nurse is available 9 -12 pm Monday to Wednesday and the GP is available 1-4pm Monday to Thursday for appointments or walk ins.
- Support for young women and young families is being provided by telephone, with limited home based support if needed
- Support to young tenants is being provided by telephone, with limited home based support if needed
- Our 24/7 services are all operational.
- Young people who have a BYS key worker, should contact them directly
- The counselling service has moved to telephone or video platforms
- All group activities have been placed on hold for now, until further notice
- Centrelink and LawRight are no longer offering services at the BYS Hub, however, youth workers can assist young people to access these services
We will continue to monitor and respond to the changing support needs of young people as a result of COVID-19.
For the most up to date health information, please access the Queensland Health website or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line [operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week] on 1800 020 080.