There is an ongoing need for non-financial donations at Brisbane Youth Service for young people accessing our services.
Non-perishable food items and toiletries are always in high demand. Please note, we do not accept any type of used clothing, bedding, toys or other used or unsolicited items due to limited storage space and the time required to sort and distribute such donations. We ask that you please focus your support on our most-needed items listed below, which may be updated from time to time depending on contributions that come in.
If you are interested in donating such items or for more information about what we are currently in most need of, please see below or contact our Administration Team on 07 3620 2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toiletries & Personal Care Items
For hygienic reasons, these items must be new/unopened.
- Large shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Roll-on deodorant
- Sanitary products
- Large moisturiser
- Hair products
- Face wipes
- Hair ties and bobby pins
- Large shower/body wash
- Sun cream
Non-Perishable Food Items
- 2-minute noodles
- Muesli bars
- Biscuits (sweet and savoury)
- Cereal boxes
- Long life milk
- Instant long life meals (e.g. soup, tinned/boxed meals, noodles, pasta, couscous, rice)
- Spreads (e.g. vegemite, peanut butter, jam, Nutella etc.)
- Instant coffee
- Ankle socks (all sizes, men’s and women’s)
- Underwear (all sizes, men’s and women’s)
- Bags for young people to pack/carry items in (e.g. reusable shopping/tote bags or drawstring bags/backpacks)
- Blankets (fleece is best as it’s lightweight and easy to carry in a backpack or shopping bag)
If you are interested in learning more about how you or your organisation can support young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness, please contact email@example.com.