Take on the Burpees for BYS 10 x 10 for 2 Challenge in April 2020
Burpees for BYS was created in 2017 by Brisbane based personal trainer Dave Kramer (Dave the Trainer) with a purpose to unite the local fitness community to help raise awareness about youth homelessness and raise funds for Brisbane Youth Service.
Over the past three years Burpees for BYS has raised over $22,000 in life-changing funds to support vulnerable young people caught in crisis or experiencing homelessness.
In 2020, the 4th annual Burpees for BYS will be held throughout the month of April to coincide with Queensland Youth Week (1st-9th April). Will you take on the Burpees for BYS 10 x 10 for 2 Challenge?
How do I get involved?
Can you get 10 people to donate $10 each (to raise $100) to sponsor you to do two minutes of burpees?
- Register yourself/your team/your organisation to fundraise
- Spread the word – like, share, follow #burpeesforbys #endyouthhomelessness
- Donate to sponsor a fundraiser or directly to the campaign
All funds raised will help to provide life-changing support and services for vulnerable young people experiencing or at-risk of homelessness.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like more information or have any questions at all. We’d love to hear from you!
How will I make a difference?
Every dollar makes a real differenct to young people right here in Brisbane:
If 100 x fundraisers rise to the challenge –
- $10,000 could provide a night off the street for up to 100 young people caught in crisis
If 200 x fundraisers rise to the challenge –
- $20,000 could provide Home Essentials Kits for up to 100 young people transitioning from homelessness into their first real home e.g. linen, kithenware, small essentials etc.
If 300 x fundraisers rise to the challenge –
- $30,000 could support up to 60 young people to gain employment e.g. transport fares, clothing etc.
If 400 x fundraisers rise to the challenge –
- $40,000 could provide basic resources to connect or reengage up to 40 young people with education or training e.g. laptops, books, uniforms, fees etc.
If 500 x fundraisers rise to the challenge –
- $50,000 could provide full Home Set Up Kits for up to 16 young people transitioning from homelessness into their first real home e.g. furniture, whitegoods, appliances, linen, kitchenware etc.